View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Oldtruckfanatic
Truck junkie

Re: Interested in storm damaged truck, need opinions

That truck lools like a bag of walnuts. It has damage to every panel but the roof (maybe there too but I cant see it.) The tailgate is not only missing but the jambs are bent like it was pushed into the bed badly so a new one wont just bolt on. The truck is definitely slavage but if its mechanically sound it probably runs and drives fine. The issue is that to fix that right it needs pretty much every panel if you dont want a bunch of filler. A lot of that stuff can be pulled out but it will still take quite a bit of filler to get flat panels. Id also be concerned about where and what kind of storm it was damaged by. Any kind of submersion is a problem that will haunt you forever. Id expect it to cost 8-10k to fix that right maybe more, Thats why its a salvage. I dont know what kind of fast and dirty body and paint shops you have there but that deal wont be so good if it isnt fixed right. In my opinion. It might be great for a year or two but id expect problems after that if its just hacked together. Also keep in mind that after you make your invesrment no insurance company is going to want to touch it so if it gets wrecked again youre likely to be out your entire investment. You can get liability coverage but that will be about it.

Last edited by Oldtruckfanatic; 08-21-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Oldtruckfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote