View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #31
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drburb View Post
That sounds like a nice plan.
That a long drive and tough weather to deal with.
If it still runs and drive you may be better off making it a driving project to keep your motivation up on those long days and tiring weekends, that's what I did on my Burb and I am so glad I did.
I’m home now - and now that there’s snow there’s liquid brine which in Maine kills metal quicker than anything I’ve ever seen, so it’s the perfect time to tear it down. It has been a driving project up to this point.

My plan is to do the body work other than paint between mechanical work over the winter. Realistically I wouldn’t drive it again until May or June when all the salt is off the roads anyway. In April or May I get a 2006 Yukon that is being junked but had a low mileage 5.3, so I want to have everything ready (suspension, brakes, steering, and trans sorted) by then to drop the 5.3 in and go. Hopefully have it ready for tech inspection at the local drag strip by August or so. It’s lofty goal considering I am learning on the fly but hoping the planning I’ve done keeps me on track and motivated. I mean, I’ve already gotten further with this project than any of my past car projects so it’s promising anyway. Funds will be my limiting factor, and a garage, but I’m working on both.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote