View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #48
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Its snowing here AGAIN, and will turn to rain/ice tonight, with more snow tomorrow night. On the order of 10" over the next couple of days is possible.

I've been doing some mock ups for little things like my gauge cluster tablet and bluetooth speaker, but since my garage flooded and the weather hasn't been cooperating to get it cleaned out, I can't even set up a small welding station out there, or even set up my engine stand to get the L59 out of the Yukon and swap out the exhaust manifolds.

I did find a local place that has some used tires in a size that will work on the front for me. 235/65/17 - about a 29" tall tire. I am using a 30" tall tire in the rear. I am pretty confident the 235/65/17 will fit in the front since I have gobs of room with a 235 cross section 29" tall tire right now, even with a spacer to help clear my drop spindles. I won't need the spacer with the new wheels. Used tires were a cheaper way to make sure of that before I buy a matching set front and rear.

I'm trying to sell my motorcycle, and my 4runner to help fund this project and some maintenance/repair on the 4 season daily drivers, and eliminate some debt so I can pick up a new (used) 4 season daily this fall (04-07 CTS-V.)

Frustrated at the moment with no progress, but figured I'd update this for anyone following.

Last edited by skyphix; 04-08-2019 at 12:45 PM.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote