View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
RatRod68

Re: My 1st Cummins...

Then about 3 months later, the transmission started acting up, so i took it in. Turned out to be some governor switch thing in the transmission. That was covered, so no biggie. Not to mention when we dropped the pan, metal shavings were all in it... Well, 2 weeks later, starts doing it again...

Now the truck will have moments when it won't start. Turn the key to On, everything works like normal, turn to start, nothing. Starter was replaced by the dealership when I bought it. This has happened a total of 5 times, 3 to me, 2 to my GF. If you wait a few minutes, or just keep shutting the truck of and trying to start it, it will all the sudden fire right back up.

That brings us to ANOTHER issue... The door locks will go bazerk for no reason. Driving down the road, then all the sudden the locks will switch between lock and unlock all on their own. This gets to be really annoying... really quickly...

You thought I was done complaining about electrical issues with this truck didn't you? Negative. The last issue is the brake controller. It will just go bazerk like the door locks. won't even be hitting the brakes or anything, then all the sudden you can hear it switch on, then off, then on, then off.
D-Ranged Ford Ranger on steroids

Semper Fi
RatRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote