View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #21
jae

Re: "Head First" '71 C10 build

yes, and no.

The shop that has the truck primarily works on euros and exotics. I know the shop owner and the work I asked him to do is work that I'd get in trouble (with my HOA) for doing in my driveway, and he accepted more or less as a favor to me. Obviously, since he needs to make money and he's cutting me a deal, the truck hasn't been high on his priority list. He's had several classic Porsche restorations come and go, as well as several of his own race car projects (more immediate deadlines, with actual events scheduled), an NSX getting a full stand-alone fuel system, several Lamborghini and Ferrari clutch/engine refresh jobs, among other things taking up his time over the last several months.

This is the pic I got back in September...

The last time I spoke to him, back in October around his second date of "it's going to be done by today", he still hadn't touched it and offered to have it towed back to me (free of charge) along with not charging me for the 80 or so hours he already had in it. I probably should've taken him up on it then, and messaged him late last week thinking that's exactly what I'd do, BUT he said he's digging in to the wiring conversion this week, and he's hoping to have it running within the next week or two so he can do some shake-down on it. I guess we'll see.

I'm planning to see if I can make it up there this weekend to see if he'll let me help pull the bed and work on some of the rear suspension stuff at his shop (installing frame notches, rear suspension drop, gas tank installation, etc.), but as he just fired everyone that worked in his shop over "quality control", I'm betting he's a tad too OCD to have anyone else coming into his shop. Good for me as I know he does kick-ass work, but at the same time I'd like to see this moving along a little faster.

Last edited by jae; 02-03-2015 at 10:07 AM.
jae is offline   Reply With Quote