View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
ljackson

Re: It’s cold outside. Carburetor choke on stock engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 5150 69 View Post
If your looking to make more driver friendly, I`d go with the electric choke as the therostatic will require semi yearly maintenance to keep it operarting friendly, the electric is just with the initial setup. Nothing wrong with the manual choke, its all up to you...!
Thanks for the input. I may see if I can find the right electric choke carb. I believe if I find a good 2GC it will be plug and play except for adjustments. I do enjoy trying to figure this old truck out. I like teaching my son about how it was in the "good old days". Just not so much when it is 5 or 10 degrees. Someday I'm gonna live where It doesn't get so cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
My 65 has a 230 with manual choke, they were set up to pull all the way out on start up and slowly push in as it warms up. My truck will high idle with the choke slightly out, only takes a minute or two for it to get to the slightly out position before you can walk away. It' all in the adjustments.
Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
I have a manual choke on my '66 edelbrock carb, and what I did was adjust the choke idle screw to make the idle higher. All I do know is pull the choke a little, and it raises the idle as well and I can walk away while my truck is idling. Works fine for me.
Thanks for the input.

http://zacks64longfleet.shutterfly.com/

Higher res. photos in my gallery.

Last edited by ljackson; 01-25-2014 at 10:07 AM. Reason: left out a word
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote