View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #64
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Finally took the fuel cell out of the bed. Still need to weld up the holes in the floor though so no pics until that's done.

Started doing some research for going air ride eventually. I'm planning on going with Porterbuilt "stage 1 front" and "stage 2 basic rear" as I want to keep the bed floor where it is. Looks like I'll be going with Accuair e-level air management too. I'll also be getting the 1" forward LCAs from PB.

Since I'm on a tight budget and funds aren't always available to save and drop a ton of money on everything at once, I like to buy smaller groups of parts and save them for later. (my wife hates it when I buy things that sit , but I bet she'd hate it more if I dropped high 4 figure $ amounts on stuff to do it all at once.)

To do list is as follows (for now)
*Brakes
*Air Conditioning (for those hot/humid Houston summers)
*Bed cover & liner (need to strip the old off and patch the holes from the fuel cell)
*Air Suspension
*other stuff lower on my list

My plan is to tackle the brakes first. Install the hydratech booster and upgrade to the Wilwood D52 calipers and slotted rotors, upgrade the lines as necessary and replace the ugly/rusty proportioning valve. I have the booster now, so I just need the calipers, rotors, prop. valve & lines.

What should I do? Should I buy the Wilwood D52s, slotted rotors and replace the lines and prop valve, or just install the hydratech booster and use the factory disc stuff for now and move on to the A/C and suspension parts?

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote