View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #7
1774btcrew

Re: Cool Garage Sale Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Yeah, I was really tickled to find it. Not really truck related other than being for a GM Division product but cool in it's own right.

On a side note, the beer fridge in the shop is an early 50's Hotpoint that my wife's folks used on the farm years ago. Butter, milk, eggs, and any overflow from the main fridge in the kitchen. Been re-wired with a new cord, works great and keeps the adult beverages COLD, LOL. Pull down handle, single door and the little bitty freezer in the center. Maybe about 12'' by 12'', keep 4 Crown Royal glasses in there for a snort now and then. Thought about a clean and re-paint but decided to just leave as is with the "patina" from the farm use.
I haven't been quite brave enough to put a new cord on mine and see if it still works. It sat outside for a lot of years. It is a good size and not terribly big

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote