View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
mygmctruck1

Re: My Frustration Level High

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for sharing. It took me a long time to get mine road-worthy. Some of the time was spent on buying stuff that was not really well suited to the truck and then I had to do it again. So everything took twice as long while I learned my lessons. Nowadays I spend tons of time researching stuff to make sure I'm getting good stock-like parts, and buying stuff here from you guys in the parts section of the forum when I need something obscure that I can't just find locally or if I can't buy of sufficient quality from the catalog/online companies. I'm becoming a fan of good used parts. I don't settle for something that just works, because in my experience it often only works for 5 minutes and then craps out if I go cheap or go with what's readily available. I am able to work on comfort items and options more now, and managing to keep up with essential mechanical and electrical stuff that breaks down only occasionally. It is exhausting, but it's coming together. It sounds like your truck was heavily modified before; I can understand it would be difficult putting things back to "normal".
No not modified , just a 1 yr design and not many made . Besides some stuff like power brakes were not stock but needed , power steering was the old slave cylinder , I wanted a PSB , the leaf springs were very stiff 2 leaf and hard on the truck drive axle ‘s and frame . Because of that , I had a cracked frame and busted rear axle . when I put the engine in the truck had a V6 and not set up for a V8 , I put in a 700r tranny and drive shaft wasn’t going to work because it was to small. Yet it was ok for the V6 .
Any how it’s a heck of a learning experience .
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote