View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #35
502ms

Re: Dirty Dianah (No)... Bagged 72 Stepside/LSx/T56

Early one morning, as always, I was scouring Craigslist in the southeast for C10 parts. I came across a SWB Step bed for sale in Columbus, GA. I contacted the guy, and he said he had it....so, I figured out that it was my first roadtrip in this truck...ever. Everything was local...you know, to the office, to a photoshoot, grocery...I live in-town, so I am extremely convenient to everything. Oh yeah, I forgot to post that I also added some Navigation for creature comforts. Definitely helpful in getting around town.

You see that? Two things: 1) my voltage regulator died 60 miles out of Atlanta. I run electric fans. I was at 8 volts but she still got me home. 2) my oil pressure gauge is not connected here...it is still on another gauge as the lines are different, so I was going to wait until this time to hook it up in my LSx. 3000+ miles and just minor upgrades needed (alternator, voltage regulator). But she has been faithful.

BUT....Columbus is 200 miles ONE way. He assured me that he would help me out and take my bed in a partial trade...but most importantly, help me get it off my tuck and place the other on, as my bed easily weighs 500 pounds. (Steel floor).

Well, as you can see here...I ended up returning with my new bed on top of the old bed. Turns out my exhaust hangers were welded to the floor of the bed, and they could not help me with that part. So, I had to drive 200+ miles with my new bed on top. Yes, I rode just like that...low to the ground and happy. Lots of thumbs up on the way!

Ok...more to come

Stay tuned for the removal of the bed and all of the fun associated with that

Last edited by 502ms; 01-31-2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: provided some tidbits...
502ms is offline   Reply With Quote