View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
Southcity

LED Headlight Review (5 3/4 - United Pacific)

Review - 5 3/4 LED headlight made by United Pacific:
https://www.raneystruckparts.com/5-3...ion-light-bar/

NOTE: The headlight relay harness is highly recommended for any headlight upgrade over stock

Vehicle info:
1966 GMC Suburban with "blade fuse" style wiring harness from Painless and headlight relay harness. I live in the coastal mountains with winding roads that are shaded and dark during the day and pitch black at night. Prior to installing the LED headlights I was running "Hella Vision Plus" headlights with "PIAA XTreme White Plus" bulbs. This setup performed very well and was a massive lighting improvement over stock. The only issue I had with my Hella setup was moisture buildup inside the headlight from time to time during the winter months. I'm sure I could have done some tinkering to get the rubber boot on the rear to seal better but the LED headlights were a Xmas gift. I've always been curious how LED headlights would perform since installing the relay harness and I also wanted some daylight running lights in addition to the parking lights which I have on any time I drive.

The LED headlights are a sealed unit that is plug and play with an H4 connector and also has wiring for an LED position light bar. The two wires for the position light bar require a switched 12v source and a ground. I ran the switched 12v power from the stock light switch off one of the available parking light connectors (#9 to front parking lights if I remember correctly). Included with the lights is a nice adapter pigtail (3 pin to 2 pin) if you decide to run a quad setup. The light bar comes on when running parking lights and turns off when running low or high beam. The area above the position light bar is illuminated on low beam, area below the light bar is illuminated for high beam.

Review:
I've only been able to drive the vehicle one time at night since installation but the improvement in lighting performance was evident right away and I haven't done any adjusting yet. The best way to describe it is a much clearer, sharper light and pattern. Road shoulder and road signs are also better illuminated and the beam is cutoff in such a way as to not blind approaching vehicles, I'll never look back. I know for some the non-stock look of a clear lense on these and other aftermarket lights may not be your preference but if the ultimate in lighting performance is, LED and a relay harness is the way to go.
Attached Images

Last edited by Southcity; 01-23-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Southcity is offline   Reply With Quote