View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #37
Sinisterspeed

Re: The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Here it is 3-25-09 and believe it or not they are working on it. I didn't post anything on it last week cause i was just caught up in the moment.

Heres what happen.
I talked to a few friends, Dad, Wife.. Lawyer... Found out nothing I can do in oregon. If I just go pick it up i WILL have to pay him for what he has done at what ever rate he decided was fair. So i let it sit another month after "Our Big Talk" when i went in there and asked him when exatcly am I going to get my truck worked on? He said he would like to tell me it would be finished in a couple month but he didn't know.

I let it sit another month and had it. I don't care what it costs im taking my camera in there and snapping some pics. Then going on the search for a new painter.

When I arrived this time I found him standing there blocking my cab. The bed,tailgate, and doors were in the booth with a second coat of primer on them already. He said that as soon as he gets the cab blocked the first time he would respray it in primer as well then Jamb it before the weekend.

I asked: Ok then whats next?
He said: we will set it back on the frame next week and begin fitting everything.
I asked: When do you want the frame?
He Said: Monday.
I then let the frame burried in the back of my shop sit in the shop untouched until friday (3-20)
I went in on friday and again reaffirmed he was ready for the frame on monday.
He said: Bring it in on Wed.
I replied: No problem I'll have it here.

So from Friday until yesterday I have been searching the net for pics of two tone paint jobs. Kinda wild but not crazy or goddy.
Now on 3-24
I brought in 4 or 5 pictures of trucks that I had found and asked him what he thought would be the best for my truck. He picked one out and that.. I think.. . Is the plan.

So, Here we are. Morning of 3-25 I have the frame dug out from the back of my shop and back up on the trailer.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build

Last edited by Sinisterspeed; 03-25-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote