View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #52
bigsnookmaster

Re: 72 C-10 and my first child...is it safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I grew up in the,Dad's right arm across the chest inplace of a seat belt,era.I think that the old rides have (for the most part) Safer drivers since they usually work hard to keep them reliable and in good condition.They don't want to lose their investment.There's no reason not to add the 3 point belts and other safety stuff if you can.
That said,you can buy a Volvo(usually known for safety),live in a gated neighborhood,use the home alarm system religiously,eat only organic vegatarian,you can see the Dr.daily or even become one.There are still a thousand ways to die.So my question is,Why would you want to have a life you didn't live? Or have a child you kept from living a life with a little "FUN" in it?
I agree with you, we can do all the right things in life, then die in a plane crash, cancer, or be struck by lightning. When your'e time comes, thats it. That being said, I think if you're truck has good tires,is mechanically sound,and you drive right, I think you will be fine. I would consider stepping up to 4wheel power disc brakes, and taking the less traveled roads. And if your'e hit head on by a semi, or big truck, you will also die if you're in a 2009 malibu! .02
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote