View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #24
jocko

Re: Cheyenne Super Qusetion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
I did not have it long sold it for $1500. it all looked original and aged . it had headliner and the tailgate handle trim.the ash tray decal is not original and was newer looking.most unusual thing was the glass coolant recovery bottle. only one I ever found. I cant remember much else about it except I wanted to keep it.
If it had the tailgate handle sleeve that "slips over" the handle, that's from a 72. 71 was a complete chrome handle. Only mentioning because, if a sleeve type, that's just another tidbit that adds to the 72 donor theory along with the 72 gb emblem. Just to be clear, just trying to help solve the mystery you shared - very cool truck no matter what it was! I have seen a very small handful of Cheyennes or CSTs that had "old" Super woodgrains installed and they look very, very original because most people (myself included) tend to assume that if it's worn, it's original to the truck. Hard to tell just by looking sometimes - especially when it's done this way. But if it only had the CST on the SPID (which is what I think you said somewhere above), and not a YE9 RPO (also), then it was indeed a Cheyenne/CST trim level and the other stuff was added at some point as Eric mentioned. Some have been labeled with BOTH RPOs and they are indeed Cheyenne Supers if that is the case, but the way you described it above, I'm assuming it only had a Z84 CST RPO.

EDIT: Having said all that..... I have had a 71 Cheyenne Super (with YE9 on the SPID) that had the scrollwork gb door emblem... So, I'm wondering if it was indeed an end of model year changeover or just some nondescript point near the end of 71 production when they switched over. Also possible that my emblem was swapped from a 72. Will never know... Ha. It did have the solid chrome tailgate handle though, whew...
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 10-09-2018 at 07:56 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote