View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #43
T/C

Re: Bagged 66 swb stepside project: Major Chip Hazard

Well I’m at a point where most of what i am doing is not fun to get ready to set the bags up along with the rear ended and rear motor mounts.

I found where the rear brackets will all be sitting tacked top in place on one side for mock up lowers won’t be tacked till pinion angle is correct.

To get that situated i had to get the motor and trans back together (Not permanently) so i could start working on the new crossmember for the rear motor mounts (bell housing mounts) or whatever you want to call them.

However to do this i also need to finish platting the frame a little further back behind where my z ended so i have a solid place for the crossmember to mount.

I got the actual mount part of the crossmember done tonight other then a little welding to box it in on the ends.

One thing i regret is not knowing how i wanted to mount my bags before i did the back half. I was thinking i May mount them forward if the axle and not directly on top so i made the truss a little longer in front of the axle then in the rear.... messed with everything being pleasing to the eye IMO but you love and learn... it will be covered by the bed floor anyways.
Attached Images

T/C is offline   Reply With Quote