View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #113
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

Re: My long term 57 project

Finally it's done! I can't believe it took me so long to complete this mod. But I really think it was worth the time and effort looking at it now. It really changed to look in the cab. Now I've got to do something with the seat and carpet. I was thinking of cutting the back of the seat down a couple of inches so its out of view through the back glass.

I wanted to keep the look of the dash some what original looking so I reused as much of the 59 parts as I could and some from the truck line too. I used the 59 ignition switch and bezels for the lights and wiper switch. But I put the truck knobs on the switchs. I also put the vent pulls back under dash close to their original locations.

The gauges are from Classic Instruments and they look great! I had the signal and high beam indicators installed on the face of the speedo when I ordered them. It follows the orginal theme and keeps the clutter down.

The steering wheel is a cut down version from a 55 Belair. I really like this wheel and I think it fits the overall look I was going for. What do you guys think?

Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement from all of you! Enjoy the pics!!

I took these at a local Tile store that has this old style gas station built beside it here in Charleston. The owners actually moved it several blocks when they relocated their business.
Attached Images

ChuckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote