Thread: 55.2-59 57 GMC how rare??
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #45
dsraven

Re: 57 GMC how rare??

sounds like you will have lots of "go". you should think about the stop part as well. upgrade to a dual master cylinder at least.
think about seat belts
think about gear ratios
think about steering components
make a plan, a reasonable logic plan that is do-able in the time frame you want and in the budget you want
try to stick with the plan so you don't go down some rabbit trail that ends up digging a drain hole under your bank account
think about buying a wrecked donor vehicle that would possibly have the parts you need, engine/trans/computer/seats/rear axle/brakes/master cylinder/pedals/ radiator/fuel tank etc etc. sell off what you don't need from the donor to cover some of the costs of buying the donor

I just bought and sold a donor. bought an 04 envoy, sold engine, trans, transfer case, exhaust, kept some interior stuff, took the rest to the scrap for cash, made triple the original cost and the parts I needed cost me nothing that way. it does eat up some time and space though. I sold the parts really cheap to get rid of them quick and make space where they used to be sitting on my shop floor.
dsraven is online now   Reply With Quote