View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
bcbasketball11
Official Track Changer!! woot!

speaker placement

I am currently focusing all attention out side of school and basketball on the stereo of my baby. I have put much thought and research into my decision and have come to a conclusion. I am going to use frizzle fry's thread about kicker panel's to make those which I feel I will do fine on. I have tweeters and after much thought I, personally, think that placing them in the top corners (just outside the visors) and angling them towards the seat would be the best way. I will surface mount them as to prevent metal cutting. If anyone has better ideas on that area, please comment. I am purchasing a 10" R- series Alpine sub and going to build a center floor console box for that. If anyone has thoughts on that, once again please comment. My main focus of the thread though, is what are the most efficient ways to make the truck as air and water tight as possible? (mostly air) I live in OK and have ridiculous wind speeds regularly and driving it without the system, all I hear is wind whistling and blowing around me.

Anything will be appreciated, being 16 and very inexperienced, this is my first vehicle and I am doing as much of it as possible without help as to learn and understand for myself. I'm very skilled in any craft or woodworking so skill required will not be a problem. Experience on the other hand, haha.

-Chase \m/ rock on \m/

BUY A CHEVY!!!!
bcbasketball11 is offline   Reply With Quote