View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #28
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Now before I share my AFR readings with you allow me to introduce you to my carburetor as it will be the focal point of these tuning exercises

like most trucks mine originally came with a spread bore Rochester Quadrajet (spread bore meaning the two holes in the front under the carb are smaller than the two holes in the back of the carb) and I must admit the more I learn about carburation the more I respect the design of the Quadrajet (and yes it is probably the most misunderstood and mis configured type a carb out there, ha ha)

anyway I just had to have a Holley so I went out and bought one, a Classic Holley they call it, and at the time I thought all Holley carbs were created equal, well sure some had manual chokes and others had electric, some had vacuum secondaries others had mechanical secondaries, and there were the two barrel and the four barrel, but isn't a Holley carb a Holley carb, well no, more on that later

So I ended up with the 4160 Model - pronounced not as good as the 4150 ha ha

You would think if the 4150 is a good carb than the 4160 must be better, no, that's apparantly not how it works, I think Holley built on the success of the highly tunable 4150 and offered us (common folk aka amateur daily drivers) the "economical" 4160

My Classic Holley Specs
Model: 4160
Part Number: 0-80457SA (S for Shinny, A for Aluminum)
Main Jets: 65
Secondary Metering Plate: Main Hole 0.055, Idle Hole 0.026
Barrels 4
Booster Straight
CFM 600
Choke Electric
Circuit 2
Fuel Inlet Single
Secondaries Vacuum
Throttle Bore 1.563 inch
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 07-31-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote