View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #197
moregrip

Re: Palf's Little Blue Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Well I finally got the nerve up to tackle the Edelbrock carb readjustment thingie. Before I got sick (Dec 29), I went had changed the springs and metering rods out on. Seemed pretty simple and the truck ran when I was done. It helped, but it still ran very rich. Someone was going to help me, but then BLAH, I am out sick for 3 weeks. I have been very leary about going further since I had not torn a carb apart since before my daughter was born and that was over 30 years ago and it was only a 1bbl on a ford 6 banger. So, on Friday I got brave and pulled the top off carb. I wish I would have known those accelerator pump and choke rods would fall off completely and be one heck of a pain to get back on.

Anyways, I re-jetted everything to lean out on the primaries about 13% and the secondaries about 8%. After the use of many adjectives on the rods, I got it all back together and it actually started and ran.

Fiddled with the idle mixture and timing and she seems to be running pretty good. After about 50 miles, a quick check on a couple plugs and they seem to be burning about right. I am going to drive it a couple weeks and recheck plugs to see if I solved the super rich running issue. No pictures during the work, but just these from some of today's cruising around. Feeling pretty good about myself at the moment, but when I got back, the drivers side window is acting up when you roll it up. Gotta love these old beasts!
Is that edelbrock carb based on the Carter AFB?

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote