View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 02:37 AM   #1
bsarts

62 K20 Fixer-Upper

Hi all, this isn't gonna be a build in the true sense of the word, I just want to make it a daily driver and enjoy it. I kinda wish I could leave the original paint on it, but I don't want it looking like a patchwork quilt.

I found this on Craigslist in Montana and drove a U-Haul up to get it. The guy I bought it from remembers when his Dad's buddy bought it new. It originally had a flatbed on it and this guy found this bed that was somebody's trailer and put it on it.

It has the 283 and a 4 speed and still has the original 17" split rim wheels which I love because the tall, skinny look is so cool to me. I found a place where I can still buy tires and tubes for it. I plan on upgrading the brakes with a new master cyl and booster and modify the air cleaner, but other then that, I want to leave it as stock as possible. So the bulk of this "build" is gonna be replacing the rusted out portions of the cab and whatever body work will be done before paint. I'll get patch panels for most everything, but the inside of the cab roof above the windshield will be a special case.

The driver's door is pretty beat up and will prob, be replaced. The wiring needs cleaning up and I'd like to find a gauge cluster from a C50 or something so I can have real gauges in it.
Attached Images

bsarts is offline   Reply With Quote