View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:52 PM   #1
markmdz

Seat base spring repair

Tonight I started the task of reupholstering the seat on the C20. As always, some good, some not-so-good.

First, with near no warning, I snapped the head clean off the bolt on the passenger side pivot bolt. So I still have to drill that out and tap the hole. That's for tomorrow.

Anyway, the cover came off nicely and showed me a decent foam. Some wear holes, but overall not bad. I may repair the foam or replace it. Not sure yet.

The seat back came off equally as easily as the base. I was pleasantly surprised (and a little confused) to see original red upholstery on the seat back and in pretty decent shape considering its age.

Now for the crap I have to fix:

The outer two springs and what looks like a support spring on the outer springs on the seat base are broken. Any suggestions on repairing/replacing the broken springs? Also, it looks like there's supposed to be a spring or support rod for the release lever. That's busted, so if anyone has a pic or info on what's supposed to be there, please shed some light on it for me.

As for the back, the burlap, foam and thick backing are all eaten up courtesy of a nice family of mice. So a trip to the store for some foam, backing, and maybe even some burlap and I'll be back in business.
Attached Images

markmdz is offline   Reply With Quote