View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #127
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Another weekend over.

Not a lot of Blazer time, but I did a few things and also relaxed a bit.

Awake and up by 3.30 this morning, by 06.00 I had spent a few hours chatting with Dennis in St Louis, and also spent an hour chatting to Lee the lawyer I met in September.

Then I ordered a 50 meter roll of 12mm yellow signwriting or pin striping vinyl off eBay to go with these two tones of orange once I do the sides of the Blazer

At some point I had a shower etc, then went for a walk around Rochester

Found a small farmers market where I bought some awesome bread, and also three French dried sausages.

Hot chips a must in Rochester High street

Came home with my treasures, bread with real butter, and starting with a pork and Roquefort sausage, followed by the smoked version and thirdly the black pepper sausage.

Started with my Old Bear knife, then switched to my trusty Opinel using the cutting board my friend Stanislav “Stas” from Siberia had sent me recently along with a photo of Katya his wife..........

Smoked

Pepper, amazing sausage

While relaxing and watching some catch up telly, I sent Stas in Siberia a pic of my cutting board and the food on it.

Instantly a reply came back, he was impressed and jealous.

We ended up chatting for about three hours on WhatsApp sharing info, he and Katya drinking beer and wine, and me with a Bud Light and light snacking.
Gotta love technology.

Stas and Katya relaxing late on a Sunday in their kitchen.

Weather today’s in Siberia was warm and pleasant.

-8’C outside.

I also ordered some duct tape off Evilbay to stick to the trucks rims, in order to help the trim rings find a place to grip, rather than pop off.

Monday soon, two day week for me.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote