View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 07:23 PM   #135
Madkidd007

Re: 1971 4x4 Suburban Project - the 'Family Adventure Wagon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post
Well its been a long time since I posted an update!

Last summer was crazy. My wife's uncle lost his home in a wildfire, and we took him in while he sorted things out. Other relatives were evacuated for about a month. We actually bought some property that belonged to another relative - it closed on a Thursday and the whole area was evacuated on Tuesday. So for about a month we thought we'd just blown all our savings on a bunch of ashes.

Thankfully the evacuated relatives and our new property didn't burn. But it was freaking hot and smoky here for months. It really sucked.

So those are my excuses for not working on the suburban in a long time.

I had hoped this weekend would allow me to make a triumphant post with the carpet installed, seats back in, and the NV4500 shifter boot installed.

However, it seems I got 2wd 'low hump' carpet. I was aware of the differences, and was sure to order the 4WD carpet on RockAuto. I double checked my order even.

Sooo... it doesn't fit. And of course I had to make holes for shifters and trim the back a bit before I realized. I emailed ACC and hopefully they will take care of me. But its been over 6 months since purchase, and its been altered, so I don't if they will be willing to help.
If they don’t take care of you, slice it right up the middle and then put a console in the floor with cup holders.
Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote