View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #36
Brocko

Exclamation Re: 1966 Chevy C-10 New project-need help

Thanks Captain that helped a bunch!

New issue!

Since I rebuilt my carb, I had to reattach it to the manifold. I was able to get three of the four nuts on properly but one was giving me a hassle. So after tightening it too much and trying hard to get the but on the old bolt, I made the problem worse. The original problem was that there was a slight hissing or possible air leak. When is was only mild I was running the truck with only three bolts in. So after tightening the fourth bolt and messing around with it too much I ended up with a even louder hissing or air leak. It's strange to me because I was able to get the fourth bolt in tight but now the leak sounds much louder. How could it be that there is a louder/more powerful leak now that all four bolt are in tightly. I assume the fourth (hassle bolt), isn't in properly but how could this lead to a even stronger leak? It doesn't make sense to me. Running the truck with only 3 bolts connecting the carb had a mild hissing sound. But when jamming the fourth bolt in I end up with a much louder hissing/air leak?

Help me please and thanks!!!

Any reply helps at this point!
Brocko is offline   Reply With Quote