View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #53
Longmire85

Re: 2000 CCSB Rescue Project: "Doube D"

Well after pondering on my wheel choices and weighing out the pros and cons, cost vs benefits, I decided to do a 180 and go back with the factory 8 lug steelies and body trim.

I actually love the look. The pewter and black all compliment each other very well and the little bit of chrome just does enough to set it all off a little more.

Now, as usual with stock 16's, I'm experiencing clearance issues on my right lower control arm at left turns. They cleared great at first and I thought the issue was resolved. Last night my Springs must have settled some more and now I'm back to grinding on the wheels again lol. I'm sure I can simply trim the control arm a little more, but at this point I'm going to look into some DJM Tubulars. I did a google search of "c2500 tubular lower control arms" and both Summit and JC have a set listed with ball joints and bushing for like $250. I will be calling DJM first though to verify that these are actually 3/4 Lowers.

Either way, here is the new.....uuum....retro.....uuuum.....stock(ish) look lol.

Longmire85 is offline   Reply With Quote