View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 07:22 PM   #1841
LT7A

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

I'm sorry to hear about your covid. That's bad news no matter how you look at it. Glad you are able to move around at some level. Here's an excerpt from one of your posts above:

Quote:
Came to a decision yesterday.

My car, my build, my visualisation, my way,

Advice always appreciated.
This type of claim/disclaimer is happening with much more frequency in your thread including the middle finger decal. Being a long time follower, I'm wondering if there are things that are driving it? You are a guy doing an unusual project in the way that he wants it to be done and those repeated assertions actually interrupt the flow of a cool thread. Maybe you are answering criticism you're getting from posting elsewhere? Whatever the case, you asked for advice and I'll tell you what I think, but not specifics about what you're building.

This is your thread, and your vehicle, so build it however you want. Don't justify it, just do it. You are much more likely to get enjoyment out of doing this thread if you are looking to keep people interested, rather than looking for their approval. And if you don't want opinions, don't ask for them. If you want everyone to like it then build a Camaro or a Mustang. But even then, people will take issue with how you do it. And if you get opinions you don't want, just ignore them. But if you do ask for opinions, then treat them as valid, don't discount them because they didn't reinforce what you actually wanted to do. And once again, if you know what you actually want to do, then do it and don't ask for opinions. I think you know by now that you're very much an individual. We all are if we will let ourselves be. If you wanted to build something to fit in, you wouldn't have started this project. So build it how you want it. And people can follow along if they're interested. And don't take offense to my direct language, as I stated at the beginning, this is just my opinion. You asked for advice and I gave mine because it's starting to sound like you're busy tending critics and not having fun.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote