Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #1420
1badgmc

Re: Die-cast 67-72

I've also had completely unrelated stuff come up in eBay searches too just because some retarded seller titles the auction to drag in more traffic. It is annoying. I see the "Treasure Hunt" issue brought up on nearly a weekly basis on the diecast groups on Facebook. Most of the time it's a veteran collector just ranting about the whole deal much as you are, but a lot of time's it ends up being a new collector that's all confused about it. And that's the worst part about it. I haven't seen any posts about a newbie that's been duped by the auctions, but I'm sure it happens a lot.

I've never sold anything from my collection on eBay, but I'm very detail-oriented and honest to a fault when it comes to stuff like that, so my listings would be very specific and to the T. I could never be a used car salesman.

Then you have stuff like this Hyper Mite. Seriously? $3,000 for a car worth $2 at most? This has to be some sort of money laundering deal or something. I see it often, though. People asking $50-60 for a current car I just saw on the pegs.

As with anything, it's always "buyer beware." I'm sure there are other collectible hobbies on eBay that have similar sneaky goings on.
Attached Images

1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote