View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
PatJ

Re: My 64 Build and work in progress...

Next was rear frame clean up. This was the usual fare with lots of wire wheel work. And then on to the dreaded rivets. I had done my homework on the forums for this task and was fairly well prepared. I bought myself a nice big chisel and had a nice hand sledge, lots for drill bits and cut off wheels.

Man what a pain in the ass. I did the x cut with the wheels and then proceeded to grind and drill and beat the hell out of those things untill I had them all off. Thank goodness I wasnt doing the trailing arm crossmember. An Air chisel would have been really nice but i pulled through.

As my cnotch came in I stared to fit it up. I never could find anyone that did the PB cnotch by itself and ran in to a bit of a hick-up. I noticed that all the pics online I could find showed the notch with the upper shock bar and none with only the notch. By this time I already had removed the crossmember so after talking to Nate we realized that they had sent me the notch that requires the PB crossmember. Since my crossmember was already out I decided I deserved that PB one for all the pain and suffering I had gone though with those rivets

I had a bit of a time getting the notch plates to line up. I ended up getting a bunch of clamps and a big c-clamp to really squish the plates together enough to start drilling holes with confidence.
Attached Images

64 Custom Cab Fleet
PatJ is offline   Reply With Quote