View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #30
smbrouss70

Re: New shop for the Blazer, truck, boat, camp, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
It's about dang time.......!
I know, Right! When it is finished, maybe I will actually be able to work on the truck again.

drfloyd, it looks like your walls are 12' tall, right? I had to go 16' on my walls to be able to get the camper or 4-post lift in the middle if I need to. I am going to make a loft over each side bay that will run from the front wall to the back wall. One side will have stairs going up and only have 8' of clearance below. That should give me almost 6' of clearance above it. The other side will have 10' of clearance below it leaving about 4' on top and it will be connected by a walkway across the back wall which will be over my workbench. Hopefully, that keeps my floor clear of parts that are being stored so that I can bring vehicles in and out at will.

I do like those heavy duty shelves that you have, did you source those from an old Home Depot or something? I'd like to find a set of those to go up in my lofts.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote