View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #2953
georgieb51

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block View Post
The white over dark yellow from Houston is a good looking truck for sure. I find it weird that the instrument panel looks restored but the only needle they didn't paint was the speedometer. Yes I'm nitpicking. Just seems odd to me. If you're going to the trouble to restore it. Why leave the speedometer unpainted. All the other needles appear to have been painted. Did they leave it unpainted to give the appearance that it was original and unaltered? If so, it's a fail for me.
Since someone else is nitpicking I will add my favorite complaint that jumped out on me with this truck. If someone does such an overall restoration why do they still insist on painting the inside of the bed with that awful black goop instead of the original painted color of the rest of the truck? I can understand that if your truck is just a daily user you might want to cover the bed and all its dents with the bedliner stuff-- but why use it on a nice truck like this? Just wondering. I am sure it is all just personal taste. I love the color BTW.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.