Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #61
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sold American!

I agree that people wanting to save pennies no matter where the product came from really helped, but it's the chicken or egg syndrome. It is more the prospect of greater profits that took our jobs overseas. YES, and saving a few pennies is what made people fall for it. If we were paying a price proportionate to cost of production we would be paying '50s prices for everything. Then hellya, we'd be looking to save that much! I don't see "made in China" making my Levis cost any less. I see no change in cost. What I see are jeans made with a denim of what seems to be 1/2 the weight that don't perform as well at all. They cheapened the quality while reducing their cost to produce to a fraction. It's Mr Big Fat Cat up top getting richer yet that is the problem and we are here to serve them. Our untrustworthy politicians and those guys are one in the same. They play golf together, which they write off as a business expense, with all the expendable income they have from paying a lower tax rate than we who support this country.

I go to Walmart now because this is after the fact and resisting is counter productive. What's done is done. I resisted for years using these new big box stores in favor of small local business (still do). Our dollar is buying less and less while daily expenses keep going up. Utility bills now equal more than I used to pay for rent with utilities included. We aren't making a proportionately larger income. I have protected the American worker with every purchase and service that is possible. Always did and always will.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote