View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Sillyoldman

Rods N' Wheels / George Barris disappointment

I stayed up last night to watch this "new" show Rods N' Wheels. I really don't know if it was the first episode or not but for me it will be my last. Owning a 1967 Buick Special the episode which aired last night caught my attention. I watched in disgust as they shot the car up with paintballs (drama/action) and then sent it out for body work. When it came back they decided to clone it as a GS for a higher profit. They tossed on some later model (I assume Buick (too busy vomiting) hood scoops and incorrect badges onto it. They neglected to replace the grille too but proceeded to sell it off (staged i'm sure) as a GS. As a "car guy" I'm insulted. What audience did they expect would tune in? A honest, no drama, no BS show would get my attention. And to George Barris, when did you lose your mind? I'm hoping you just need a few bucks. If so, call me..... For now I'm insulted.
Attached Images

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Sillyoldman; 02-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote