View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 AM   #21
Brandons63

Re: My 63 Chevy C10 project

Ok finally an answer on it. I've been wondering about this without taking much time to investigate. It does have the fill plug just below the shift tower one the RH side, and the drain plug same side below that. So on I have a few questions... First off what is the fluid capacity and weight? It shifts very well and surprisingly smooth for an old truck! But boy is that first gear useless for me. Second off, I'm wondering if fourth is 1:1? I haven't had it over 40 yet so not sure what the rpm will be around 55. Also haven't yet got into the rear diff to see what gearing it has. It's factory for sure though.. Last question, what would be a good reliable more "street roddish" type manual transmission for this truck that's affordable, will bolt up to my factory crossmember any maybe bell housing, and hopefully use the same shift lever hole in the hump? Also wouldn't mind if I didn't have to shorten my driveshaft and could still retain the manual clutch. Thanks for the help captain fab, I enjoy reading your posts on this forum. Another thing maybe you could shed some light on, I'd love to convert this to posi.. How hard is it to locate the parts and what all do I need to find to make the change? I'm sure there are write ups on here.. Maybe someone close has the parts laying around. Pull and save on the north side gets these trucks in quite a bit, and the manager in the valley showed me a beautiful '66 that was redone then smashed in the nose before it went into the yard... Didn't have my tool bag with me that day or I would have been able to snag some goodies before the scavengers ��

Last edited by Brandons63; 05-21-2016 at 03:48 AM.
Brandons63 is offline   Reply With Quote