View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 10:57 AM   #10
jeffahart

Re: Taiwan Junk from LMC

If you broad blanket one company as selling nothing but junk you will limit yourself on future purchases. They all sell junk, period! Some of the replacement parts are only available in junk. The ignition switch is, or was, a good example. Only one company made the replacement switch… and it was the very definition of complete and total junk.

Regarding LMC. I just purchased a 69-70 steel chrome outer grill form LMC. It is a GM reproduction part. It is absolutely gorgeous and it fit nicely. I also bought the inner grill also fits nicely, but the original inner seemed more sturdy, but the inner still looks good and fit nicely.

I love and hate all the suppliers. It’s just the way it is. Toss the window crank and try another. I have my original cranks in a box somewhere, but have been running some re-pops for a few years. I have recently puchased several items from LMC that have been nice parts.

I just bought hood hinges from Rock auto, they fit and perform better than I hoped.

I bought a dash bezel from Brothers(now Holley), it was absolutely disgusting. I called them, they said they were sending another and they asked me to send the ugly one back so they could see it. They try. But they have a warehouse full of parts that are of unknown quality, because the quality and control can change at any time. And parts are not inspected before shipped from the warehouse. It’s just part of the hobby.

j