View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #2
Andler2008

Re: 1984 C30 CC/LB "Daily Dually"

Also, here's some info on the motor, wiring and stuff that I did prior to purchasing the dually.

I parted out a 2001 Suburban to get the motor and wiring. I ultimately made money on parting it out, and was able to keep the engine and wiring, so I definitely came out way ahead.

Engine Prep
-LS9 7 layer headgaskets installed
-ARP head studs installed

Electronics/Wiring
-Modified OEM suburban wiring to be stand alone, using info from LT1tech.com
-Leash Electronics Big Dog II fuse block for the stand alone and additional accessories
-Purchased the HP Tuners Pro Suite and a new laptop. Built a bench harness to eliminate VATS and change a few things before hooking it up to the truck.

Fuel System
-Already bought tons of fittings and 20' of Braided -8AN hose from Vibrant Performance
-Using a Walbro 400 LPH pump, this may change depending on if I use the saddle tanks or go for a single 30 gallon from an older suburban.
-Using the OEM FPR from the suburban on the OEM intake

As far as my plans for the truck, I plan on bagging the front and rear. I have no plans on laying body at the moment, but it's not 100% out of the question. I just want to get the truck running and driving, then fix up the body and remove the rust before doing the big suspension stuff.

Things seem to be moving a lot quicker than I initially anticipated, so I'm getting very excited as more things get completed.

Last edited by Andler2008; 10-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Andler2008 is offline   Reply With Quote