View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #16
SCOTI

Re: Aftermarket EFI systems what are you running

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftlawssuck View Post
I have fixed/repaired Holley Sniper kits on a few cars and I have no problems with them. Most of what I see is from poor installations. Specifically grounds and shielding. When going this route with any of the brands is a different world. It is now all electrical. Troubleshooting and tuning is the same theory but in a different way. You need to be up on theory when going EFI. There is a thread in the 67-72 side going right now about someone going back to carb. Again I have no issues with Holley and it in fact wakes the car/truck up to a whole new level. However you need perfect clean grounds and shielding from EMI. These 2 problems are what most people I have talked to and what I have fixed are seeing. You fix them and you'll have no problems. I can't stress enough of a very clean install. Something you can get away with when going mechanical anything. There is a lot of cushion room with mechanical things. Electrical...not so much.
I agree w/your philosophy. Where grounds are concerned, I over-do them just to make sure I CMA.
What would you recommend for the electrical EMI shielding side of things? Any pointers, tips, or tricks??
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote