View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #55
BOXER957

Re: My Project: 46 GMC on S10 Chassis with LSx Engine

Thanks for putting up the link to the photo's. Just a thought but this is a great build, if it's possible you should go back the first post and let people know where to find the pics and maybe itemize and add more to your blog. I know it's a lot of work but the 41-46 is hard to find build blogs on and I think it would help a lot of people. I have 46 that is also on an s-10 frame, wish I had taken more pics of , I'd do a build post of my own. I don't know if you solved the steering column issue or not but I am using an aftermarket tilt column. A chain link fence bracket with a rubber pad between the inside of the bracket and the column to keep it from moving. The other end of the bracket is mounted to some square stock that I fabbed a bracket for. you can raise it or lower it to fit you. I'm 6'3" so I actually cut a semi-circle out of my dash to get it as high as poss. Also found that black leather power buckets from an older maxima fit perfect with the gas tank in its original position. I'll try to read some more of your build and see where you're at and if there's anything else I can give my 2 cents on. Great job! Keep up the good work