Thread: another newbee
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
studeclunker

another newbee

Wow, this forum is on the good old format! I like!

As the title says, here's another newbee checking in.

I have been driving (and continue to) Studebakers. However, the larger trucks are... well they ride like farm equipment. I have had my eye on a '66 Camper Special (C-20?) for about ten years and the owner doesn't like me, so won't sell. A friend of mine bought it from him and swapped for my '60 Studee. Champ, so we both have what we want! Now I can pull my horse trailer and my travel trailer in reasonable comfort. At least I can after I straighten out a few things like replacing the shocks, figuring out how to re-establish the trans-cooler lines, etc. I think new tires are in order too. Other than that, the old fellow's cherry! Here's a few pics of the old man:

I wanted the old fellow because it reminded me of Dear old Dad's truck. My preference would be to get a four-door for the comfort of my dogs. Yeah, the girls go with me just about everywhere. The old lady has already decided she really likes all the room in the new cab. Now all I need is a Smokey-Bear snuffer for the dash like Dad had.

Oh, by the by, I'm in Northern California too! Thirty miles west of Redding is my home in Fawn Lodge and I work in the opposite direction in Oak Run.
Gosh, I missed this format. We used to have this for the Studebaker forum too.

Last edited by studeclunker; 08-21-2017 at 01:46 AM. Reason: location.
studeclunker is offline   Reply With Quote