View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #74
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Congrats on getting her to run. That is always an exciting step.
Thanks! It was. I got it to move under it own power. Now I Just need to make it drivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Ya gotta love those milestone days! It makes up for months and months of nose to the grindstone work...
It makes me feel like its almost done, unfortunately I'm back at the grindstone... the well grinder. I just cut off the dovetail to make it removable and I'm going to be spending a lot of time with the grinder.

After I got it running I installed a power steering cooler as I am running hydroboost and it needs a little more cooling. That said I went a little overboard on the cooler I bought the biggest trans cooler I could find, the trans cooler I used is rated to cool a truck with a (GVW (GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT) RATING of 26,000 LBS. It is 15 1/2" LONG 10" HIGH 3/4" THICK )
I think it should be adequate for my power steering.

IMAG3029 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3030 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3031 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Intermission garden update. Sometime last month I added gourd trellis to two of the beds. If I can remember I will add a updated pic, Things are getting out of hand the cucumbers on the trellis completely took it over. Unfortunately the summer squash cross pollinated with the zucchini on the other trellis and grew these monster cross breeds but they are inedible. And the tomatoes have become a forest.

IMAG3032 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3033 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3034 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3035 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3036 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMG_24551 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMG_28171 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMG_24561 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMG_24571 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Back to the truck. I bought a cheap air ride setup, I mainly wanted it for the compressor and gauges. It came with a 3 gallon tank but it is too small for my monster bags, they hold a little over a gallon each.

IMAG3037 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I made a bracket for the compressor and tank I made it so it can hold up to 4 air compressors.

IMAG3053 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3054 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I also bought a set of stock cummins radiator hoses they were a little too short but it worked out as I needed to reduce the outlet sizes anyways.

IMAG3038 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3039 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Now that is runs and moves under its own power I pulled it in to the driveway and pressure washed the bed a removed all the wasp and mud dauber nests.

IMAG3044 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I had to rearrange a few things but I got it to fit in the garage with a few inches to spare. It was good timing to as at the time it was in the upper 90s for a few weeks.

IMAG3045 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3046 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3047 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I cut the railing off

IMAG3048 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I removed the ramp storage bracket and burned the license plate Thankfully I needed to get a new one anyways.

IMAG3050 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I had to reseal the vacuum pump.

IMAG3049 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3051 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3052 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I reused the railing to make some sides to attach some trailer jacks to, to make installing and removing the dove tail eiser.

IMAG3056 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3057 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3058 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

And it's free!

IMAG3059 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3060 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3061 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3062 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3063 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3064 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Now I can walk around the truck in the garage

IMAG3065 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I don't know what kind of monster did this or why but the welded two c channels and a piece of rectangle tube to the end of the frame. Nothing attaches back there, and then they cut the top half off because it hit the dove tail. I cleaned it up a bit and made them all sit flush.

IMAG3067 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3066 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I also cut out all the centers as I am going to move them down as I want to run wood in the center of the bed.

IMAG3068 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3071 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Today I installed a second gen 24 valve intake manifold plate to move the intake forward to clear the brake master cylinder.

IMAG3072 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG3073 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote