View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 12:57 AM   #24
KIILew

Quote:
Originally posted by orange72350
somebody on this board must have cruise control. maybe not. in the last classic trucks mag i bought, they listed really rare factory options on these trucks. cruise control was one of the rarest. does anyone here have it?
dale
Dale,

I'm with you on this! In fact, just before I scrolled down to your post, I wondered aloud if I would see any of these service parts listings with factory cruise control.

Recently, I think I saw a '67-'72 with factory cruise for sale on eBay. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was so impressed I printed off the page and stashed it away. And earlier on eBay, I saw the next best thing...a genuine GM dealer install Chevy Cruise control for '67-'72 model year trucks still in its original box with instructions!

The truth is, it appears to me that factory cruise control didn't show up on full size GM trucks with any frequency until the 1976 model year! Up until last week, in fact, I had never personally observed a pre-'76 Chevy or GMC pickup with cruise control "in the flesh". And now, just last week I found a 1975 Chevy Silverado C10 with 454 and factory cruise control sitting in a wrecking yard! I was excited about THAT discovery, and that wasn't even a pre-'73 vehicle!

Anyway, great posts!

Ken
KIILew is offline   Reply With Quote