View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #6
Mattchu60

Re: trailing arm into 73 or later c10

I cant tell you about the ride yet - as my truck is still coming together, it'll probably be a few more months until I have it driveable.

The issues I found are as follows:

- The crossmember they supply for the front - its made of 1/4 steel which is good - but it does not match the frame profile well. I had to heat/bend the driver side down to mate up to the frame.

- the real issue is the spring bracket/c notch. The spring angles are way wrong. Its hard to explain here - but the springs mounts on the brackets are tilted so the spring is pointed backwards about 15-25 degrees, while the trailing arms themselves are also tilted toward the back. The end result is that spring forming an arc when installed as the mounting surfaces are not even close to parallel. My solution was to cut the brackets apart, and reweld them where I think they make more sense.

I called and talked to CPP about these issue - the response was "we hear that sometimes" and no further help or solutions were offered.

- The shock bracket fits fine. The shocks are way inboard in their design, not sure it will really help the ride much - I made my own brackets in the end but I used their shock crossmember to give the frame some strength.

I would share pictures, but I have photobucket and sharing doesnt seem to work from them any longer.

Its a good kit for a starting point - I will say that.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote