View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #38
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Started the gas tank relocation and the hidden hitch installation. Realized that they need to be installed together in order to have them share the same space. Obviously the hitch will be mounted at the rear most part of the frame, and the tank will be pretty well centered in the space between cross braces, so there isn't a lot of room to adjust. That's as far as I've gotten with those so far. No holes have been drilled, or marks for finalized location... hard to do anything with the bed still on the truck. I don't have a way to get it off to make any of this easier, so I'll have to make due.

Moved on to get the rear lights wired up, and the trailer plug wired in. the last time it was painted, the tail lights and reverse lights were painted body color, so they aren't as bright as they could be when lit up. I cleaned them up and painted them white. I should be able to install them tomorrow and finalize the wiring all together. I love progress!

Got the new shift linkage installed and the old shifter out. Found out the gear indicator lens is located in the wrong spot (all the gears are off by one position according to the indicator). Tried to drill the new holes and found out the metal on the column is feakin' tough. Not one of my drill bits would drill through it. I'll have to find another option to drill through it later.

Took out the old carpet, laid down some eastwood sound deadener and heat insulation, laid out the new carpet so it can relax and make it easier to install (hopefully tomorrow).

Done for the night. Hope I'm able to make more progress tomorrow.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote