View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #44
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Sold the wife's car last week. We've been looking at getting a new Explorer for her and wanted to sell her car to help with the down payment. We should be buying the new vehicle within the next two weeks. I've been driving the GTO every day since she is using my car to get around. It's become more apparent that I need to finish the truck so I can replace the water pump in the GTO. I can't drive it very long without it overheating. Everything else has been replaced so if this doesn't fix it, it looks like the engine will be pulled and either gone through or replaced. I'm hoping the water pump fixes it.

I finished up the interior on the truck this weekend. Got the carpet installed and the stereo speakers rewired, amps and components in place and the seat bolted back in. Went to test the stereo and found out the fuse was blown so I replaced that and everything seems to be in order now. Just need to run fuel line to the new tank and put the cowl back together and she's drivable again. Suspension stuff will be done later.

I need to seal the rear window before it gets parked outside again. I've got until she gets her new car. One condition for getting the truck was that she got one side of the garage. Small sacrifice to have another classic in the family.

The car score is:
Me = 3
Wife = 0
Gotta fix that soon or I'll be getting hell for it at some point.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote