View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #52
jdb_us1

Re: 1990 GMC crew cab build

So the truck is all white, albeit not the greatest paint job. The bed was a rush job and I just sprayed it, metal work unfinished and all. I was reassembling the morning we had closing and drove it out of the driveway as the buyer was pulling in to do their walk through.

New to me Mickey Thompson wheels are on and ordered a set of 315 75R 16's to get me going. (pic is wheels with 305 70R 16's)

One thing I noticed is that the front diff appears to not sit square in relation to the body. I know that the wheels will not ride in the same path front to back but it seems like the diff is not perpendicular to the frame. It is sitting on a bit of a hill which might make a bit of difference. The second pic shows the p side front tire sitting in the fenderwell and it is visible there that it is not centered.

Not sure if that will matter or not, it seemed to drive fine the short distance from the old house to the shop where it sits now.

I will put the new tires and exhaust on and give it a drive again to see how it handles.
Attached Images