View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #53
jdb_us1

Re: 1990 GMC crew cab build

Truck has it new tires, new exhaust, new inspection and a few hundred miles under its belt. I finally confirmed that I have a 4.10 ratio in the back and 4.56 in the front, so we are getting some 3.73's next week.

I also recently installed a tiny tach brand digital tach since I had no clue what rpms I was running at any given speed. Turns out I was doing about 50 mph at 2050 rpms and climbed uncomfortably higher at 70 mph. 3.73's will help.

Did my first mileage test and figured I was getting 14 mpg which I thought was pretty good considering all the factors against me. 3.73's will help.

Only small stuff to iron out now like a radio and speakers, headliner and trim, and tightening down all of the interior screws to quiet the squeaks.

I have noticed that the truck leans. That is to say, sitting in a parking lot (sloped) it leans downhill. I have yet to try parking the opposite way to confirm my suspicions that it is occurring because there is no front swaybar but it seems to drive fine. The only other cause that I can think of would be a leaf spring that is settling/sagging (they are both new lift springs from ORD).

pic is of the truck with the new tires.
Attached Images