View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #135
msg

Re: Testing Windshield Wiper Motors

Hey Leon, Im trying out the bench testing on my 66 wiper motor and I am likely not understanding how to set the test up right.

Starting with the 1st test.

* Ground the wiper motor housing.
I took a black testing cable and connected the grounding bolt on the wiper motor housing to the dash cluster I had pulled figuring it was bare metal.

* Connect a jumper wire from a +12V source to the #2 (Power) terminal on the wiper motor. It's the bottom terminal on the rectangular motor or the middle terminal on the round motor.

I have a 12v A23 energizer battery that I was using as the source and connected the red testing cable to the #2 power terminal

* Connect a jumper wire from ground to the #1 (High) terminal on the wiper motor. It's the middle terminal on the rectangular motor or the bottom terminal on the round motor. This should operate the motor at high speed.

I connected a black testing cable to #1 High terminal and didnt understand how I should connect it to ground and be able to test the battery neg post to see if the motor operates at high speed. Where am I going wrong in the setup here?
Attached Images