View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #17
Carl Spangler

Re: '72 c10 front suspension question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
I measured diameter of coils on each side. Both came out to .777 .
After I cracked all four end caps loose on passenger side I was able to rotate each seal and get them kind of seated a little better. Only after I did that was I able to pump some grease into each zerk. Some took grease easier than others but they all eventually took some grease.
Lastnight while I was doing all this I had a "a-ha" moment. There was a real obvious reason I couldn't compress each side of the suspension independently. THE SWAYBAR WAS STILL ATTACHED! lol. After I disconnected the swaybar from the control arms I got some travel from each side but not a lot. I'm not sure what would be considered normal. But it was getting late so I buttoned everything back up because this is the only vehicle I own and I had to get home. I was at my dads house working on it.

Now to the subject of tires. I'm really thinking this is where I'm getting the vibration and rough ride. So I'm going to take the truck in for tire inspection and rebalance. And I will report back in a few days what the tire place says. Thanks again guys.
Do yourself a favor and get a pneumatic grease gun. You can thank me later.

Try spinning each front wheel and feel for vibration. Or, swap out the spare tire to each corner.