View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 05:46 AM   #18
Mike_The_Grad

Re: '72 c10 front suspension question

Carl, it's funny you mention that. It's exactly what I'm gonna have to get. My forearms are sore tonight. Lol.

So I repeated what I did to the passenger side yesterday, and did the drivers side today. I tuned my carb(1406 eddy) got it to almost 20"Hg. at idle and reset my distributor timing from 12° down to 10°. I'm running a davis unified ignition calibrated for my specific setup. Between greasing up the control arm shaft bushings, retorqueing them, tuning carb, adjusting timing, I'd say about 80% of what I was experiencing is gone. So I think it was a combination of bushings too tight, not greased, and maybe some over advance on my distributor. Still possibly the tires. I will find out Monday. Side note, I noticed the upper control arm shaft on the drivers side is really really close to the suspension crossmember. So close in fact that I could not rotate the rear seal at all. I tried pliers, elbow grease, everything short of grabbing it with some vice grips. It took grease. But would not rotate around the shaft. The last person to touch it besides myself was the alignment guy about 2 years ago. Not sure what it means. But shouldn't be a problem unless it wears through the grease seal and allows the bushing to get contaminated or wears into the shaft/bushing. Anyways I definitely noticed a difference in how the truck handles compared to 2 days ago. Slowly but surely I'll get it figured out. Especially with your guys help. Thanks.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote