Thread: 1992 s10 ?s
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
hugger6933

Re: 1992 s10 ?s

The best donor for you would be a 350 TBI truck motor from say 88-95 with 92 being the absolute best so that if needed you could remove some of the sensors off of your 4.3. While some thing wont change like the dist the other stuff will even the 4.3 TBI unit will work on that motor but it may have smaller injectors[I don't recall it has been a long time since I was doing that stuff]
The wiring mods are minimal I don't recall it being a problem at all cause I used the S-10 wiring on the 350 motor.
The exhaust is a trick you can buy mid length or shorty headers that work well and not have to do a bunch of tracking down stuff but I think it was a early 80's Camaro exhaust the worked [the one from the L69 motor]. Your gonna move the trans a little bit weather you want o or not just to get it to fit in there and still have room for a radiator and fan[electric of course] That means the drive shaft will have to be cut, but like in my other post if you have an extended cab I used the front half of the G20 van I junked out to get my motor[with the stock back half I think, or it may have been the whole shaft from the van that bolted up. I do remember on that build it was the first I had that didn't have to have shaft work. But having a shaft cut is no big expense. Check into the V-8 S10 website and look around there you will find some stuff there. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote